Tracheostomy Trained Carer Required - Night Shifts
Tracheostomy-experienced Support Workers required to support a child who has Crouzon Syndrome - night work
Superior Healthcare is a specialist provider of care and support packages for children, young people and adults who have complex health conditions. We are currently recruiting experienced night support workers for our delightful client who is a 9 year old child living in Herne Bay.
About our Client
Our client has a genetic condition known as Crouzon Syndrome. He lives at home with the support of his loving family and professional care team who are employed by Superior Healthcare.
Due to our client’s condition, he has a tracheostomy which he relies upon to breathe. There is a risk that our client’s airway could become blocked, and so it is vital that our client and his tracheostomy is monitored 24 hours a day.
Our client has a small, committed team of trusted support workers who have supported him overnight since 2011 however - he now requires extra support workers who have experience of caring for a child with a tracheostomy, to join his team.
About the Role
As a member of our client’s small team of committed support workers, you will be assigned to work regular 10 hour night shifts (from 21:00 to 07:00) as well as picking up extra shifts to cover your colleagues’ holidays and sickness.
You must be familiar and well prepared to work waking night shifts as our client’s condition can change rapidly - during a recent hospital admission, the hospital staff praised the diligence of our client’s regular support workers who quickly identified the changes in his health.
• Supporting our client’s to maintain a high-level of personal hygiene.
• Ensuring that our client is well prepared to have a sound night’s sleep.
• Monitoring our client’s tracheostomy and to provide suctioning as required, overnight.
• Assessing the need for and administering our client’s nebuliser as required.
• Carrying out regular observations of our client’s vital signs.
• Preparing effective records of observations and health interventions.
• Alerting our client’s family and Superior Healthcare to changes in our client’s condition.
• Pay & Benefits
• Rate of pay: £21,285-24,410 full-time equivalent
• 6 weeks holiday, pro-rata.
• Company pension (3% employer contribution).
Although a client-specific induction and training programme will be provided, the following is a non-exhaustive list of essential skills that suitable applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Recent experience of supporting children who have a tracheostomy.
• Previous experience of working within a family’s home.
• Previous experience of successfully completing waking night shifts.
• The ability to respect our client's privacy and have an understanding of the need for confidentiality in all areas of your work.
• Excellent communication skills and a good level of literacy
• That you have a driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Superior Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer (agy). Superior Healthcare is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure.
To apply for this vacancy, please submit your covering CV and a supporting statement explaining why you feel that you have the skills, experience and personal attributes to become a valued member of our client’s team. Please note: as part of the interview process, you may be required to attend an interview with our client.
Continuing Healthcare Services
Minimum of 6 months full time care experience.
Free Training, Uniforms and Pension Scheme
Contact Name: Katie Wood